At the time of Griffith's Valuation the property at Fiddaun was occupied by Edward Blacquiere and was valued at £10. Castle Lodge is recorded as the home of Charles Lopdell in 1814. In 1837 Lewis also recorded it as a seat of the Lopdell family. It is labelled Castle Lodge on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map but as Fiddane House on the later 25-inch map of the 1890s. It is still extant and occupied.