Described as 'an Italianate country house' (National Inventory of Architectural Heritage) built in the early 1890s, on the outskirts of the town of Killala, to the design of Richard Chaytor Millar, for Miss Augusta Gertrude Knox Gore. The grounds included a stable complex and walled garden. Sold in 1923 to James Gilvarry, a local man who had become wealthy in America. In the early 1940s it became the property of Alexander Knox Miller and is often known as 'Miller's House'. Since 1970 it has had a number of owners and is currently (2016) under restoration.