There are references to a house owned by the Nugents at Crannagh in the eighteenth century but there is no substantial house shown on the First Edition Ordnance Survey map. Slater refers to "Crane" as the seat of Arthur Nugent in 1846. The townland is in Arthur Nugent's possession at the time of Griffith's Valuation but there is only a caretaker's house of nominal valuation. However, the 25-inch Ordnance Survey map of the 1890s shows a substantial building labelled Crannagh House. This property is no longer extant.