In 1786 Wilson refers to Kilteely as the seat of Mr. McNamara. By the time of Griffith's Valuation, much of this townland is the property of John Ryan jnr. This may be the property occupied by Rev. John Madden and valued at almost £8. Kilteely is shown but not labelled on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map and is labelled Kilteely House on the 25-inch edition of the 1890s. According to the National Inventory of Architectural Heritage it serves as the local Parochial House.