In 1786 Wilson refers to Knight's Bridge as the seat of Sir John Conway Colthurst at Ballyvourney "near the nunnery". This may refer to the ruins of a monastic site dedicated to St. Gobnait. This area was in the possession of Sir George Colthurst at the time of Griffith's Valuation when Rev. Richard Kirchoffer was leasing a property valued at over £20. Buildings are still extant at the site.