Wilson, writing in 1786, refers to Ardnaglass as the seat of Mr. Jones, "half a mile beyond the ruins of a castle". The castle he refers to is Ardnaglass Castle, also associated with the Jones family. Earlier, in 1739, Reverend William Henry mentions Ardnaglass as the seat of Loftus Jones. By the time of Griffith's Valuation, this townland was part of the Webber estate, leased by William Graham. He was occupying a property valued at £4. The castle ruins are still extant.