In the 1850s this townland was held by Charles O'Connell, son-in-law of Daniel O'Connell. Local sources suggest he built this house around 1840. The house here was valued at £7 10s at the time of Griffith's Valuation. It was sold in the 1900s by Charles O'Connell's son, Daniel and thereafter demolished. The site of the walled garden is still visible.