The National Inventory of Architectural Heritage dates this house from circa 1800. It is a five-bay house with three storeys. Gortkelly House is marked on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map as a relatively small house but had increased in size by the end of the 19th century when named Gortkelly Castle. Gortkelly was the home of the Ryan family from the mid 18th century. John Ryan was resident in 1814. In the mid 19th century the house was held from Peter Graham [Grehan] by Andrew Ryan and was valued at £6.5 shillings. It is now a ruin.