Reverend M. Moore was the proprietor of Rockvale in 1837. In 1840 the Ordnance Survey Name Books note it as the seat of Rev. A. Armstrong and describe it as " a commodious dwelling house". Francis J. O'Neill was the occupier in the early 1850s. He held the house, offices and flour mills, valued at £61 from John F. Waller. A house is still located at this site.