This house was originally the home of a branch of the Going family. Leet records Richard Going as the occupant in 1814. He was murdered in 1821. S. H. Atkins was resident in 1837. In 1840 the Ordnance Survvey Name Books note it as the seat of John Going and describe it as "a commodious dwelling house" with a demesne consisting of "plantation and ornamental ground". At the time of Griffith's Valuation, John Going was also the occupier when he held the house, valued at £40, with 51 acres and the national school, from Mrs Margaret Ormsby [nee Atkins]. She left Birdhill to her nephew George Twiss. Birdhill was burnt in the early 1920s and is now a ruin.