John Hackett was leasing this property to Thomas Walsh in 1851 when it was valued at £21. It was included in the sale notice for the Walsh estate in May 1851 where it is noted that "a sum of over £2000 was expended in building the mansion". The house appears to have also been known as Whitechurch House. In 1894 Slater refers to it as the seat of Lt-Col. Charles Hely. The ruin of the original house was still visible until this century but a modern building occupies the site now.