Held in fee by James Barron at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £22. Lewis refers to it as the seat of J. Barron in 1837. In the 1870s it was the seat of John M. Barron. The house was offered for sale as part of the Georgestown estate in April 1885 on behalf of Pierse John Barron, a minor. The sale notice describes it as "a two-storey residence in the owner's possession". It was later owned by the Beresford family. In more recent times it was the centre of a stud farm and in 2010 was offered for sale.