The original house was marked on the first edition Ordnance Survey map but it was enlarged and altered sometime after the first Ordnance Survey. Another house also known as Rockford House was built to the south east of the original house in 1881 for Theobald Richard Wolfe, Grid Ref R855 821. It remained in the possession of the Wolfe family until 1943. Rockfort (sic) was the residence of Jeoffrey Kingsley in 1814 and of J. Wolfe in 1837. In 1823 John Wolfe married Frances Elizabeth Kingsley, an only child. John Wolfe held the house valued at £18 and 232 acres from the representatives of General Chowe in the early 1850s. The Wolfes were still resident in the 1870s.