Lewis records W. Cruess as proprietor of Lacka in 1837. On the first edition Ordnance Survey map a small house named Ash Grove is marked in the townland of Lacka S024 979. Later maps mark Lacka House at the crossroads. Griffith's Valuation names William N. Cruise as the occupier of a house valued at £10 in Lacka. He held the property and 335 acres from William Abernethy. The buildings were valued at £10. In the 1870s Samuel R. Cruess of Lacka owned 365 acres and William V. Cruise of Nenagh owned 121 acres.