A residence of the Stoney family from at least the 1770s, when it was purchased from the Earls of Antrim. Occupied by Richard Stoney in 1814 and by J. Chapman in 1837. In 1841 the Ordnance Survey Name Books described it as "a spacious building, the residence of Thomas B. Stoney with a great demesne". At the time of Griffith's Valuation he held the property in fee when the buildings were valued at £40. Portland Park remained in the possession of the Stoney family until it was burnt in 1936 (Irish Times, 11 May 1936). It is now a ruin.