Taylor and Skinner record General Gabbet as the proprietor in the 1770s. This house was occupied by J. S. Handcock in 1837 and by Maurice Studdert in the early 1850s and held from Sir John Carden. The buildings were valued at £15.10 shillings. In 1840 it was described in the Ordnance Survey Name Books as "a good dwelling house with ornamental grounds, the residence of Thomas Purvis". Later leased to the Woodwards and still in use as a residence.