In 1786 Wilson refers to "Sallborough" as the seat of Mr. Poe. T. Poe was residing at Salisboro in 1837. At the time of Griffith's Valuation (1850) James J. Poe held the property from the Court of Exchequer. The buildings were valued at £41. At the time of the 1852 sale James J. Poe was the tenant holding the property on a 7 year lease pending the cause of Crofts v Poe. Henry H. Poe of Solsborough owned 314 acres in county Tipperary in the 1870s. This house was in ruins but is currently being restored.