In 1786 Ballintogher is referred to by Wilson as the seat of Mr. Strafford. Afterwards it was a Crawford property, occupied in 1814 by John Crawford. George Langford of Ballintogher House was the third son of Richard Coplen Langford who, in 1784, married Catherine Cooper Crawford of Fermoyle. In 1828, George married Maria, daughter of the Reverend Henry Bayly of Bayley's Farm, county Tipperary. In 1840 the Ordnance Survey Name Books refer to the house as "the residence of Attorney Langford". By the time of Griffith's Valuation George Langford held Ballintogher and 236 acres in fee. The house was valued at £20. A building is still located at this site.