Bence Jones writes that this was a fortified house onto which a three storey house was built in 1733. The house was later altered and expanded. Richmond was the seat of the Gason family in the 18th and 19th centuries, originally known as Killashalloe. Occupied by Richard Gason in 1814 and in 1837 and held by him in fee in the early 1850s when it was valued at £46. This house remained in Gason possession until 1956 when the roof was removed and the farm was sold in 1962. Part of the facade of the Ulster Bank headquarters at George's Quay, Dublin, was constructed from blocks of stone from Richmond House (''The Irish Independent'', 16 March 1999) .