In 1814 this house was occupied by John Mahon and in 1837 by T. Sadlier junior. The Ordnance Survey Name Books indicate that the proprietor was Mrs. Harding of Dublin and describe Bessborough as " a most beautiful house, occupied by Mr. Cushin, solicitor". By the time of Griffith's Valuation Dr John Armstrong was resident. He held the property from Mrs Harding and the buildings were valued at £20+. Jonathan Harding of Bessborough, Nenagh owned 163 acres in the 1870s. Slater refers to this house as the residence of David E. Young in 1894. It is still in use as a residence.