The home of the Short family in the first half of the 19th century held from the Bowens of Bowens Court. John Short was resident in 1814 and 1837. The Ordnance Survey Name Books describe it as "a commodious dwelling with pretty demesne". It was occupied by Edmund Short at the time of Griffith's Valuation when the buildings were valued at £10. A farm is located at the site.