Leased by Sir Joseph Neale McKenna from the estate of the Duc deCastres until its sale in 1864, when it was bought by McKenna. Formerly a residence of the Coghlan family. Eliza, a daughter of this Coghlan family, married the Duc deCastres. Ardoginna was owned by the McKenna family until the early twentieth century. It was briefly used as an Irish college before the purchase of Monea House for that purpose. Brady notes that it is now a ruin. In the 1780s, both Taylor and Skinner and Wilson had noted a house called Grey Rock as a residence of the Coghlan family in this area.