Ashbury, a house valued at £12 in the mid 19th century, was the residence of Timothy Bridge. Members of the Bridge family held the townland from the Earl of Portarlington at this time. The Irish Times reported, in February 1869, that Frederick Bridge had sold lands in the barony of Ikerrin to Rev. Dean Wolseley for over £2000. In the 1870s Edward and Timothy Bridge both of Ashbury owned 191 and 143 acres respectively in county Tipperary.