Built and owned by the Congreve family from the mid-eighteenth century. Wilson states that it was "the pleasant seat of John Congreve" in 1786. Leet refers to it as the seat of Captain Fleming in 1814. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, in 1850, Mount Congreve was held in fee by John Congreve, when it was valued at £68 10s. It is still extant though a sale of the house contents took place on the premises in July 2012.