The home of the Birch family, occupied by George Birch in 1814. In 1837 Lewis writes that Birchgrove was the seat of J. Birch and that some additions were made to the house by the "late Mr Elsam". The 1835 map of Birchgrove includes a small pen and ink drawing of the house. Griffith's Valuation records George Birch as the occupier holding the house valued at £27+ and his distillery valued at £66 from the Earl of Portarlington. In 1910 Birch Grove was the home of Edward Robert Birch, eldest son of James Sayce Birch and his wife, Mary Warburton. This house on the outskirts of Roscrea is still a residence.