This early 19th century building was the residence of James A. Butler in the 1830s. In 1840 the Ordnance Survey Name Books note that it was the residence of the parish priest of Templeneiry. The Reverend William Kane was resident in the early 1850s when the buildings were valued at £9.15 shillings and held from James A. Butler. Aherlow Castle was later the property of the Moores of Mooresfort. Count Charles Moore was the occupier in 1906 when the buildings were valued at £20. In the 21st century the ruined castle has been restored and is now available as a rental property. See https://www.aherlowcastle.ie/.