Leet records Samuel Cooper as the proprietor of Killenure in 1814 and Lewis in 1837 as the "seat of William Cooper". At the time of Griffith's Valuation William Cooper held the property in fee and the house was valued at £31.10 shillings. The Coopers were still resident at Killenure in the early 20th century. As its webiste suggests "It has been a fortified home with sturdy towers, a'hunting box', a country house for a large family, a busy productive farm with stables and coach house, a boarding school and even a meditation centre". It will be open to the public from Summer 2012. See htp://killenure.com.