Dundrum was the seat of the Viscounts Hawarden in county Tipperary in the 18th and 19th centuries. The Ordnance Survey Name Books mention that the demesne was well-planted in 1840. Dundrum was held in fee by Viscount Hawarden and valued at £85 at the time of Griffith's Valuation. The Earl de Montalt was still resident in 1906 when the house was valued at £85. The Irish Tourist Association Survey states that it was bought from the Land Commission in 1908 and became St Michael's Presentation Convent. This early 18th century Palladian house now functions as a hotel located in the grounds of the Tipperary golf club.