A house inhabited by the Gildea family from the mid 18th century and situated on the estate of the Earls of Lucan. Wilson refers to it as the seat of James Gildea in 1786. It was the home of James Simpson between 1855 and 1880 , valued at £25 at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Later occupied by the Egan family. It now functions as the club house for Ballinrobe Golf Club.