Lewis describes Ashgrove Castle or Castle Mary, the residence of the Reverend Trevor Lloyd Ashe, Lord of the Manor of Bansha, as a "castellated mansion in the Italian style of architecture, situated at the base of the Galtee mountains, 4,000 acres of which are attached to the estate". This house is marked on the first edition Ordnance Survey map. In 1840 the Ordnance Survey Name Books refer to it as the property of T.L. Ashe "of modern construction but in very bad repair". It is recorded as "in ruins" in the later 25 inch map of the 1890s. Land clearance has taken place in the area and nothing remains of Castle Mary.