The present house is not marked on the first Ordnance Survey map circa 1840. A house in this townland, valued at £10.10 shillings at the time of Griffith's Valuation, was occupied by Charles Massy who held it from [his brother] Henry W. Massy. In 1894 Slater noted it as the seat of Gen. William Massy. The Massys continue to live at Grantstown until at least 1906. Still extant and occupied.