In 1786 Wilson refers to Pegsborough as a seat of the Earl of Derby. Henry Smithwick was living at Pegsborough in 1814. By 1837 George Bradshaw was resident. The Ordnance Survey Name Books in 1840 refer to this house as the property of Lord Portarlington. In the early 1850s George Bradshaw held the property from Henry Smithwick. The buildings were valued at £23.5 shillings. A house is still extant at the site.