The home of George Gough in the first half of the 19th century. It is described in the Ordnance Survey Name Books in 1840 as "a gentleman's residence with garden's attached and surrounded with ornamental grounds". It was valued at £37.12 shillings in 1850 and held from George Fennel. In the 1870s Colonel George Frend of Ardsullagh owned 100 acres in county Tipperary. Still in use as a country house.