Gambonstown was occupied by B.B. Bradshaw in 1814. In 1786 Wilson had referred to it as the seat of Mr. Hackett. The National Inventory of Architectural Heritage records the building of Lakefield house in 1831 by William Pennefather, replacing the former Hackett home of Gambonstown. and the Ordnance Survey Name Books record it as his residence in 1840. At the time of Griffith's Valuation William Pennefather held the house valued at £48.14 shillings and 413 acres from Mrs Hackett and others. Sold by the Pennefathers to the O'Briens in 1907 and sold again to the Goodbodys in 1955. Lakefield is still extant.