Wilson refers to Rockwell as the seat of Andrew Roe in 1786. In 1814 and 1837 John Rowe/Roe was living at Rockwell. By the time of Griffith's Valuation John Bushe was the occupant, holding the property from the Court of Chancery. The buildings were valued at £40.16 shillings. John Bushe was the resident in May 1856 when the estate was advertised for sale. The buildings were altered and added too in 1865 after the arrival of the Holy Ghost Fathers who started a school. This school still operates as one of Ireland's well known boarding school.