Held in fee by the Moore estate at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £37. It is described as a farm-house. Lewis refers to it as the seat of S. Moore in 1837. Wilson, writing in 1786, notes Sapperton as the seat of Major Moore. It was inherited by Willam Percival Maxwell. In 1906 he was the owner and the house was valued at £37.
Sapperton, as well as its extensive farmyard, is still extant and occupied.