In 1814 Redmondstown was the residence of J. Parson Ducket and in 1837 of a member of the Quinn family. In the early 1850s R.G. Fitzgerald was the occupier, holding the house valued at £16.15 shillings from the Earl of Glengall. This house is still extant and is located in a wooded area. Thomas Albert Quin of Redmondstown owned 612 acres in the 1870s.