Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|Description:||The Ronayne family were resident at D'Loughtane for many centuries. It was lost to the family in the 17th century but recovered through marriage with a Bluett. In the eighteenth century Smith refers to it as "the pleasant seat of Mr. Ronayne". The original house was destroyed by fire and a new one built in the early 19th century. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, it was held in fe by Robert P. Ronayne and valued at £26. The sale rental of June 1851 states that it was erected at a cost of £3,500. Knight writes that it was sold in the Encumbered Estates Court in 1856 to Mr Samuel Allen who sold it later to John Pedder Furlong of Fermoy. Furlong sold the property to the Land Commission in 1910. The house has had a number of occupiers since then and is now owned by the Smiddy family.|
|Poor Law Union:||Youghal|
|OS Sheet Number:||37|
|OSI Grid Reference:||X099832|
|Latitude / Longitude:||
[ Google Earth ] [ Google Maps ]
[ show nearby ]