It is estimated by the National Inventory of Architectural Heritage that Killygar was built in 1813. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Killygar House was occupied by John Godley and was valued at £43. It was also the residence of John Godley in 1814 and in 1837. In 1894 Slater refers to it as the seat of Archibald Godley. It is still extant and occupied by the Godley family.