Ballyedmond passed through marriage from the Brownes to the Courtenays. Robert Courtney was the proprietor of Ballyedmund in 1814. John Courtenay held Ballyedmond from the Reverend William Halloran in the mid 19th century. The buildings were valued at £199. The seat of Robert Courtney Smith-Barry in 1894. Inherited by the Smith Barrys and sold by them in the 1960s. The house no longer exists but much estate architecture including gate lodges survives.