Part of the Lysaght estate from the mid 18th century, W. and L. Giles are recorded at Curraglass in 1814. Earlier, in 1786, Wilson refers to it as the seat of Mr. Bonwell. By 1837 W. Gumbleton was resident and his widow Mrs Georgina Gumbleton occupied the house in the early 1850s. It was valued at £58+. Hajba writes that she was the last occupant of the house which is now demolished.