Hajba writes that Gifford Campion, born at Leitrim, acquired the lands of Bushy Park in the mid 18th century and that his son Richard Gifford Campion possibly built the house in the late 18th century. Bushy Park, Rathcormack, was occupied by John Walsh in 1814 and by Richard G. Campion in the early 1850s. The buildings were valued at £18.15 shillings and held from Major Heliger Lloyd. Occupied by William Moore Hodder in 1906. This house is still a residence.