Hajba writes that Ballyvolane was bought by Sir Richard Pyne of Waterpark, Lord Chief Justice of Ireland, from the Coppingers in the early 18th century. It remained in the possession of the Pyne family until the mid 20th century and is still occcupied. Valued at £44 at the time of Griffith's Valuation, the house was occupied by Jasper Pine who held it from Thomas, George and Henry Walker. By 1906 the mansion house at Ballyvolane was valued at £70+ and occupied by George M.Pyne. It is now run as a guesthouse by the Green family.