The seat of the Welstead family valued at £45 in the early 1850s and held in fee. The original house was replaced by an early 19th century building. It was still valued at £45 in 1906 and occupied by S.Q.W. Penrose. It was burnt in May 1921 during the War of Independence and later rebuilt. It is still a family residence.