Originally a Stawell home, Wilson refers to Summer-Hill as the seat of Mr. Stawell in 1786. It was occupied by John Stawell in the early 1850s and held from John Guinness. The buildings were valued at £18.10 shillings. Sold in 1853 to Major General Usher Williamson. The house remained in Williamson possession until the 20th century. The Irish Tourist Association Survey in 1942 recorded that it had been purchased and was resided in, by the Buckley family at that time. It is still a family residence.