This house was ccupied by Roger Bourke in 1814 and by Roger S. Bourke in 1837. Roger Burke was married to a sister of Garret Nagle of Ballinamona. William Baily was resident in the early 1850s and held the property from the Earl of Kingston. The buildings were valued at £14.10 shillings. Grove White writes that Springvale was purchased by George Grehan of Clonmeen in 1855 and John J. Therry, his agent, lived there. In 1942 the Irish Tourist Association noted it as the residence of Mrs. Helen Clancy, a descendent of Therry. Although abandoned for some years in the 20th century the house has now been restored and is lived in again.