Described by Smith in the mid 18th century as "a pretty seat of Mr David Nagle". This house was the birthplace of Nano Nagle. By 1814 Ballygriffin was occupied by William J. Boyce and in the early 1850s by Ellen Linehan who held the property from J.C. Nagle. The buildings were valued at £6. In 1942 the Irish Tourist Association Survey reported that the building was in ruins but it was restored in the late 20th century and is now known as the Nano Nagle Centre, preserving the heritage of the Presentation Nuns worldwide.