Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|Description:||The original house was occupied by Colonel Richard Aldworth in the latter part of the 18th century which Wilson, writing in 1786, refers to it as the seat of Mr. Groves. However, he mentions that near it were "the neat house and beautiful shrubbery of Richard Aldworth". It was reconstructed in the early 19th century (probably post 1814) by Lieutenant General the Honourable Arthur Grove Annesley. Anne-grove, Castletownroche was occupied by William Connor in 1814 and by General Annesley in 1837. The General's residence was valued at £60 in the early 1850s. In 1894 the seat of F.G. Annesley. This house continued to be the residence of the Grove Annesleys in the 20th century. In 1942 the Irish Tourist Authority survey noted that the estate had been divided "in recent years". Annesgrove is surrounded by famous gardens which are open to the public during the summer, see www.annesgrovegardens.com.|
|Poor Law Union:||Fermoy|
|OS Sheet Number:||26|
|OSI Grid Reference:||R681 048|
|Latitude / Longitude:||
[ Google Earth ] [ Google Maps ]
[ show nearby ]