The house presently occupying this site was constructed in the later 19th replacing an earlier house which had been built c.1820. At the time of Griffith's Valuation the house had been valued at £70 and was occupied by Edward King Tenison. In 1814 it was the seat of Thomas Tennison and is recorded by Lewis as the seat of Col. Tenison. In 1894 Slater referred to it as a residence of the Earl of Kingston. The building is still extant and in 2006-7 was converted into a luxury hotel. For more information on Kilronan Castle see www.kilronancastle.ie.