This house was occupied by Richard Martin in 1814 and by Thomas Lloyd in 1837 and at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when he held the property from Edward Beatty. The buildings were valued at £26. Clifford passed by marriage to the Mansergh family of Grenane, county Tipperary and at the time of the sale in 1879 was inhabited by Captain C.S. Mansergh, who held it on a lease dated 1868. The representatives of E. Charles Mansergh of Clifford owned 511 acres in county Tipperary in the 1870s. In 1942 the Irish Tourist Association survey reported that it was the residence of the Walton family nd that the estate had been reduced to 40 acres. This house was recently renovated.